The appearance of the Blessed Mother to St. Juan Diego in Guadalupe, Mexico, in 1531 is one of the nine Marian appearances approved by the Catholic Church. Besides Our Lady of Guadalupe, the other eight are:
– The apparitions to St. Catherine Laboure in Paris, France, in 1830.
– The apparition to two small children in LaSalette, France, in 1846.
– The apparitions to St. Bernadette Soubirous in Lourdes, France, in the 1850s.
– The apparition at Postman, France, in January 1971.
– The apparition at Knock, Ireland, in 1879.
– The apparitions at Fatima, Portugal, in 1917.
– The apparitions at Beauraing, Belgium, in the winter of 1932-33.
– The apparitions at Banneux, Belgium, in 1932.